Monday, August 25, 2008

Malaysia and Back

I did my sabbatical year in Malaysia, and had a blast.

Even visited the "clinic" owned by the famous "Dr.", and met a few of the forum posters and bloggers and others who were equally concern about fraudulent degrees and credentials. It seems that fradulent degrees are rampant in Malaysia.

Out of the blue, I received an e-mail from a Malaysian friend two days ago, asking about an Edison University of Technology. Bottom line is I have never heard of it and I believe it has sorted itself out (as a diploma mill).

My curiousity, however, was piqued. I visited my old friend's website. It appears now that s/he is up to his/her old tricks. No longer a professor, she is now calling herself a "Dr." again ... and new credentials:

Dr. Jessie Chung NP,CMD,HMD
-NP(Naturopathic Physician, ANMCB)
-CMD (Chinese Medical Doctor, MTCMPA)
-HMD(Homeopathic Doctor,MHDA)
-Board Certified Naturopathic Physician (American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board, ANMCB)
-Board Certified Naturopathic Practitioner (Malaysian Society of Complementary Therapist, MSCT)
-Board Certified Chinese Medical Doctor (CMD) (Malaysia TCM Practitioners Association)
-M.Sc (University of Health Science,Hawaii USA)
-B.Sc (Oriental Medical Institute, Hawaii, USA)
-Bachelor of Homeopathic Medical Science (Homeo Research & Educational Institute, M’sia)
-Certified Nutritional Consultant (AANC,USA)
-Diploma in Diet & Nutrition (ITEC, UK)
-Diploma in Fitness & Nutrition (ICS, Pennsylvania, USA)
-Certificate in Internal & Cancer Therapy (The China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guang An Men Hospital, Beijing, China)
-Member of American Naturopathic Medical Association(ANMA)
-Member of American Association of Nutritional Consultants(AANC)
-Member of Malaysian Homeopathic Doctor’s Association(MHDA)

On this side of the pond, the ANMCB is a dubious certification body ... so being an invigilator, examiner & lecturer of this body is equally dubious. ANMCB was created to take fradulently advantage of some confusion in the certification/accreditation of naturopaths in the US.

Since 2003, under pressure from the US government, two legitimate certification/accreditation bodies were created and recognized: American Naturopathic Certification Board (ANCB) and the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board (ANMAB). Naturopathy in the US is slowly being legitimized with a 4 year post-baccalaureate NDs or NMDs.

What's with all these fake credentials Jessie? To her credit, she has dropped her fake doctorates, but is still insistent on listing her diploma mill degrees from Hawaii. Till today, she has not come clean with the year of graduation or even a website of the universities.

Technically she cannot be called a "Dr.", fake doctorates not withstanding, as she does not have a doctorate (although the dentist Dr. Tiew did attest to seeing her dissertation), nor does she posseses a "doctor" degree.

Whatever the reason, Malaysians are impressed enough for her to open 5 more stores in August and an Academy (Natural Health Naturopathic Academy). I am surprised she is not offering PhDs and calling it a university while she is at it.

Or is that part of a bigger plan?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no Malaysian TCM PA as far as I know.

Thu Jan 22, 01:04:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANMCB is a legitimate national certification board. It is backed by the ANMA one of the oldest associations for Naturopathy in America. Credit should be given to the ANMCB.

Thu Aug 06, 01:55:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously fake and dubious. My aunt sign up for a nutrition and diet class with them, paid tens of thousands, graduated with a degree - she has only primary 5 chinese education

Sat Oct 28, 10:54:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i realized that Dr. Jessie is graduated as Doctor of Medicine—Clinical Integrative Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine—Oncology (Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, China) with a distinction on 29th June 2012. Stated in her book "Stay Away From Cancer"

Sun Oct 29, 03:46:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessie has a long list of qualifications which is impossible to achieve if she were to spend years studying for it. It has been said other people those degrees she holds are "bought" thru degree mills.

Mon Oct 30, 04:13:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be...www.drituaherbalcenter.com

Sun Mar 06, 03:14:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home